Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Song Challenge Thing



I like this place. It's empty and peaceful. I'm sure no one reads my blog, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. In fact, i think i kinda like the privacy. It makes me trust it more.

So here i go. You know, i hate being a conformist. I've stated that pretty clearly over the years. There's nothing i can't stand more than having society tell me what to like and what to dislike, what to do and what not to do, what to think and what not to think. But there are times...rare times, when i decide, by myself, that maybe something that's "cool" or kinda "hott" in the moment, might not be so bad.

There's this thing that's been going on all over facebook for almost a milenium now, called the "30 Day Music Challenge". Basically, every day you have a theme like 'favorite song' or 'saddest song' and you choose a...song that you think goes along with the theme according to your music experience.

Now here's why i came to my blog in the first place. See, facebook is so overcrowded with this, that i just don't think i can put up with the self esteem and confidence that goes around the capitalistic ventures of posting something that might not get 'liked' or 'commented' on by quirky friends whom you hardly even talk to anymore. Besides, not only is it boring to do what everyone else is doing, but it's dull and embarrassing to do it where everyone else is doing it...
I just thought of how weird that would sound in a conversation with my mom.


Well anyway, i'm gonna start playing with this challenge, because i like it. Honestly, i have such bizarre tastes in music that it would be good to get things straightened out for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment